Fuenteseca Reserva Extra Anejo 21 Year
- Most of the spirit was rested in barrels that once aged Canadian rye whiskey, although one barrel used previously held white wine from California.
- The casks were stored for 10 years in a dry, earthen-floor aging room in the town of Atotonilco el Alto, before being designated as worthy of a longer aging, and moved to a higher, cooler climate of Chapingo, Jalisco, which sits on the slope above Atotonilco el Alto.
- The barrels rested in Chapingo for an entire additional 11 years before finally being bottled in 2014.
- Unexpectedly pale in color for an extra añejo
- Nose is moderately spicy, rounded with notes of butterscotch
- Taste is of oaky vanilla, but the agave still comes through nicely- leaving a soft, long finish, with hints of coconut.
- NOM #1146
- Master Distiller: Enrique Fonseca