La Luna Manso Sahuayo Mezcal
About the Brand
Why we love La Luna Manso Mezcal
- Made in the Etucuaro, Michoacan municipality of Villa Madero at Destiladora La Azucenas by Maestro Mezcalero Edgar “Jigy” Perez
- Produced from wild Manso Sahuayo agave unique to the North Western region of Michoacan, roasted for 121 hours and rested after cooking for 144 hours
- Clean, tropical, fun in a glass. Great for warm weather.
- High ABV at 48.33%
- Artisanal production using wild fermentation and traditional copper and pine stills
- Notes of lemon, strawberry, and summer melon make it perfect to drink neat, or to make a cocktail.
- Soft smoke profile giving it savory hints but not overpowering other flavors
- Mezcaleros at La Luna are aided by apprentices training to lead the next generation in mezcal
- Bottle Size: 750mL
Aroma: pear, tropical fruits, lemon peel, strawberry, cotija cheese
Palate: pineapple mint agua fresca, eucalyptus, berries, green agave, pink peppercorn, cinnamon
Finish: while light on the initial approach, this mezcal has lasting heat, tropical flavors linger on the palate and evolve into a salt and smoke finish
About La Luna MezcalProduced in the verdant and mountainous regions of Michoacan, La Luna Mezcal highlights the craftsmanship of generations of family practices producing artisanal and ancestral mezcal. Michoacan is one of the most abundant states in Mexico, from the sandy coast to the peaks of the sierras, and is filled with tradition, culture, and history.
Agaves, both wild, and semi-cultivated, grow at elevations over 2000 meters and are harvested under the full moon after reaching maturity. Piñas are roasted with estate sourced white oak in stone lined earthen pits and fermented in open-air wooden vats. La Luna uses traditional copper cazo and pinewood stills for Manso Sahuayo but also has vinatas using clay pot stills.
Proprietor Salvador Chavez, born in Michoacan, and raised as a teenager in Sonoma, California, returned to his family’s heritage and began importing and producing mezcal in 2017. His family produces mezcal and local cheeses, and helps oversee operations. La Luna strives for strong human impact in Michoacan by contracting with family growers of agave and contracting with mezcaleros for the portfolio.
- At Sip Tequila, each bottle is handpicked to meet the highest of quality standards and authenticity.
HAVE A QUESTION?
- Get in touch. We are here to help! CONTACT US