Codigo 1530 Anejo
About the Brand
Why we love Código 1530 Añejo
- Rested for 18 months in Napa Valley Cabernet French White Oak wine barrels
- 2018 - Double Gold, Stuttgart International Spirits Competition
- 2016 Platinum Best in Class Añejo Tequila, SIP Awards
- Añejo of the Year, NY International Spirits Competition
- NOM 1616 / Varo Destileria / Amatitan, Jalisco
- 80 Proof / 40% ABV
- Bottle Size: 750mL
Aroma: vanilla, caramel, oak, cooked agave
Palate: butterscotch, vanilla, hints of smoke, oak, caramel and baking spices
Finish: very easy drinking, slightly dry with a lasting finish
About Código 1530 TequilaTequila Código 1530 comes to the Sip Tequila portfolio from the town of Amatitán in the valley region of Jalisco. Amatitán in particular is known for its earthy, rich, and herbal leaning Tequila profiles and Código holds true to this tradition. The expressions in Código’s lineup are aged in carefully sourced French White Oak barrels previously used in the Napa Valley of California, namely the Rosa with its pink hues from 1 months time in barrel, are a fantastic balance of sweetness and vegetal notes of cooked agave, and the subtle notes of oak and red fruits of the wine barrels.
Código 1530 is a special project from former CEO of Crocs, Ron Snyder and Federico “Fede” Vaughan with financial backing from country superstar George Strait, retired NHL star Brett Hull, and former NFL coach Mike Shanahan.