Tequila Ocho / Sip Tequila Anejo Single Barrel
About the brand
Tequila Ocho comes to the Sip Tequila portfolio by way of Carlos Camarena, a third generation Tequilero, and Tomas Estes, tequila legend and global spirits ambassador. Some would say this is the most dynamic and intense partnership in the tequila world, bringing to life decades of experience and deep understanding and respect for the agave plant. With a truly artisanal approach, Tequila Ocho brings terroir in Tequila to life, celebrating single estate agave harvests and yearly vintages, making them rare and collectible. Not to mention, delicious.
Why we love Sip Tequila Single Barrel Tequila Ocho Añejo 2019 La Laja
- Agaves harvested from La Laja estate at a range of 2070 to 2097 meters in altitude. This is the first time that this plot has been used to cultivate agave instead of growing grass and feeding cattle.
- Gently aged 1 year in used American oak whiskey barrels
- Barrel selection number 8, collectors edition limited supply
- Produced at the famous La Alteña distillery in Arandas, by master distiller Carlos Camarena, NOM 1474
- Each harvest leaves a small percentage of agaves that will go to seed to further agave propagation and diversity
- 52.5% ABV / 105 Proof / 750mL
Aroma: toasted almonds, dried pineapple, subtle pepper and salinity, ripe pear
Palate: red berries, cooked agave, honey melon, earth, very fruity with floral notes of violet and pink peppercorn
Finish: the approach is dry and warm, finish is lasting with notes of dried fruits