Why we love Terralta Anejo
- Aged 12-18 months in American oak barrels previously used for Bourbon
- A great aged expression for blanco lovers, agave lingers in taste and finish through the entire experience
- Made exclusively from deep well water, at 150 meters, creating a deeply rich earthy and mineral profile
- 100% agave, Verified Additive Free by Tequila Matchmaker
- Produced by fourth-generation Master Distiller Felipe Camarena
- 80 proof / 40% ABV
- NOM 1579 / El Pandillo / Jesus Maria, Jalisco
- Bottle Size: 750mL
Palate: full flavored cooked agave, barrel aging is present, toasty, and spicy but very light and rounded with notes of vanilla, cinnamon, and roasted spices
Finish: lasting, pleasantly oily with a slight funk and fermented sweetness
About the Brand
First, there is the harvested rain water, and secondly, a fresh spring. These two sources are used in a close to 50/50 ratio for 3 of the 4 other brands made at El Pandillo - Pasote, G4, and ArteNOM. The flavors here are clean and crisp, as one would expect from rain water, backed by floral and herbal notes. Volans, the 4th brand produced at 1579 is a blend of spring and well water, and it’s here where the minerality of the earth encasing the deep well begins to come through. But in Terralta, as it’s only source for water, the soil and earth are king.
Where the other profiles are lofty and light, you’ll find Terralta firmly secured in the ground from which the agave grow. The soils of Los Altos are rich in iron, giving them a red coloring, and softness compared to the rockier soils of the Valley of Tequila.