Codigo 1530 Playboy Rare Hare Añejo
About the Brand
About Código 1530
Tequila Código 1530 comes to the Sip Tequila portfolio from the town of Amatitán in the valley region of Jalisco. Amatitán in particular is known for its earthy, rich, and herbal leaning Tequila profiles and Código holds true to this tradition. The expressions in Código’s lineup are aged in carefully sourced French White Oak barrels previously used in the Napa Valley of California, namely the Rosa with its pink hues from 1 months time in barrel, are a fantastic balance of sweetness and vegetal notes of cooked agave, and the subtle notes of oak and red fruits of the wine barrels.
Why we love Código Playboy Rare Hare Añejo
- Rested over 2 years in Napa Valley Cabernet French White Oak wine barrels and finished in French oak Spanish Sherry-Fino casks
- Limited edition from Codigo 1530 in collaboration with Playboy
- Sustainably sourced and fabricated wooden box
- Deep notes of cooked agave, dried fruits, and peppery spice
- NOM 1616 / Varo Destileria / Amatitan, Jalisco
- 80 proof / 40% ABV
- 750mL bottle with four tasting glasses and a wood stopper etched with the Playboy Bunny logo packaged in an antiqued and engraved wood box
Aroma: vanilla, toasted oak, baking spices, pepper.
Palate: toasted oak, caramelized agave, bourbon, dried apricots, honey.
Finish: dry and lasting with a full bodied mouthfeel.
Código 1530 is a special project from former CEO of Crocs, Ron Snyder and Federico “Fede” Vaughan with financial backing from country superstar George Strait, retired NHL star Brett Hull, and former NFL coach Mike Shanahan.