Codigo 1530 George Strait Añejo Tequila
About the Brand
Why we love Código 1530 George Strait Añejo Limited Edition
- Rested over 18 months in Napa Valley Cabernet French White Oak wine barrels
- First-ever barrel select Origen from Codigo 1530
- Bottled from six barrels, hand-selected by brand co-founder and “King of Country” George Strait while on location filming the music video for his hit song “Código” in Amatitán
- Well balanced añejo with flavors of dried fruit, vanilla, and oak
- NOM 1616 / Varo Destileria / Amatitan, Jalisco
- 80 proof / 40% ABV
Aroma: dried fruits, cooked agave, toasted oak, sweet potato
Palate: light baking spices, dried cherries, vanilla, caramel, oak
Finish: slightly dry and spicy followed with notes of honey and a smooth mouth feel
About Código 1530Tequila Código 1530 comes to the Sip Tequila portfolio from the town of Amatitán in the valley region of Jalisco. Amatitán in particular is known for its earthy, rich, and herbal leaning Tequila profiles and Código holds true to this tradition. The expressions in Código’s lineup are aged in carefully sourced French White Oak barrels previously used in the Napa Valley of California, are a fantastic balance of sweetness and vegetal notes of cooked agave, and the subtle notes of oak and red fruits of the wine barrels.
Código 1530 is a special project from former CEO of Crocs, Ron Snyder and Federico “Fede” Vaughan with financial backing from country superstar George Strait, retired NHL star Brett Hull, and former NFL coach Mike Shanahan.