Don Julio 1942 Ultima Reserva Extra Anejo
About Don Julio Tequila
Tequila Don Julio was established in 1942 when Don Julio Gonzalez was only 17 years old. He produced tequila for the locals, family, and special occasions. In the early 1980’s Don Julio suffered a very bad stroke and in 1985 they threw him an enormous party to celebrate his recovery as well as his 60th birthday. The original bottles were tall like many other brands but Don Julio wanted his guests to be able to see each other while seated at tables for the party. The brand officially launched in 1987 and is now a staple in the premium Tequila category.
Why we love Don Julio Tequila Ultima Reserva Extra Añejo Tequila
- Aged in bourbon barrels before finishing in seasoned Madeira wine casks. Don Julio utilizes the Solera aging method, which combines and matures tequilas of different ages and characteristics.
- Nose of toasted oak and caramel, followed by hints of apricot and orange, and a finish with honeyed agave
- Released in commemoration of the tenure of Don Julio Gonzalez’s at the distillery over the last 80 years
- Only 4,000 cases released in 2022
- NOM: 1449 / Diageo México Operaciones / Atotonilco el Alto, Jalisco
- 80 proof / 40% ABV
- Bottle Size: 750mL
Aroma: caramel, cooked agave, oak, vanilla
Palate: cooked agave, apricot, orange, caramel, vanillaFinish: lasting finish